Videography Class - MavsTV
Welcome to Mr. Lawrence's videography class page. Here you will find information about the class, assignments and class videos.
The video production course is an entrylevel
course that will serve as an introduction to
basic video/film/audio production. The goal of the course is for the student to develop
the ability to capture great video images and audio, and to be able to edit those two
elements together to tell a story.
During the course each student will be taught:
• The basic understanding of operating a video camera.
• The basic principles of how to capture great video and audio.
• How to edit video and audio.
• How to tell a story by combining video and audio.
METHOD OF INSTRUCTION:
This is a very handson
course with heavy focus on learning by doing. Students will gain
experience using basic video equipment and working as a group by producing a weekly
student news program, short films and a documentary. There will also be lectures on
fundamentals of the filmmaking process as well as the film and television industry. Work
will be evaluated and critiqued in class. We will all be working together to get the best
project in the end.
• Learn to operate a video camera.
• Learn about different types of cameras that can be used to capture professional quality
video and the pros and cons of each.
• Capture well composed video images.
• Learn how to use video, audio, and lighting equipment.
• Capture great sound.
• Edit video and audio into a compelling story.
• Learn how to produce a student news program.
• Learn how to make a documentary.
• Learn how to make a movie by producing a short film.
• Develop a professional work ethic.
POSSIBLE CAREER PATHS
Television Producer - Cinematographyer - Camera Operator - Sound Recordist - Boom Operator - Sound Mixer - Folley Artist - Video Editor - Video Director - Assistant Director - Gaffer - Grip - Production Assistant - News Reporter